Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Heart Craigslist and Reuse! (...8)

In my 'hood I can't dispose of construction materials in the regular trash.  Instead, I have to pay a few hundred dollars and haul these materials to a nearby dump.  It's a huge pain and requires help to lift some of the heavier items.  A lot of stuff I'm removing from my kitchen falls under the "construction material" label.  To save money, my best bet is to get rid of it on craigslist. 

A few things I was able to sell.  Other stuff I've offered for free, with the hope that somebody clever could do something clever with my old stuff.  This was the case with my old tile (about 125 tiles removed from my kitchen walls, 95% of them intact):


And, it was the case with my old cabinets:
 
 

And tomorrow, somebody is coming to pick up a very dusty and decrepit piano in the basement that I've been trying to get hauled out of here for-ever.  It's expensive to hire a junk-removal service to take it away.  Nobody will buy it.  And, it's a shame to trash it when somebody with some repair skills and interest could make it play again.  Thankfully, off it goes tomorrow in the hands of somebody who cares to put it to use!

 
This is why I heart craigslist.  It's a haven for my junk and treasure chest for somebody else!

No comments:

Post a Comment