Friday, May 13, 2011

Do Overs (...70)

Yesterday, after 3 days of staying up until 1am, I felt frustrated with my lack of discipline.  I didn't do anything worth mentioning until 1AM, just browsing my favorite home repair and decorating blogs and reading.  Going to bed at 1am and getting up at 9am, exercising in the evening, eating late, getting to bed late...it's a cycle that doesn't work for me. I'm not naturally a night owl.  I'm an early owl.  I'm at my best if I rise at 6am, exercise, eat a big breakfast, and start on my projects.  But without an external schedule imposed upon me it's easy to stay up late.  So last night I abandoned the night owl routine, got some work done in the early evening, went to bed early, and got up at 7am.  I suspect I'll have to re-establish this schedule from time to time.  How do people who work from home full-time stay on schedule?  I suppose it takes practice and I should get a few do overs since I'm no at this game.

Another gorgeous day beckoned me to Concord for my second cookie at the Main Street Cafe (note, important new blog page Taste Testing).  This time it was oatmeal and boy oh boy...what a disappointment.  Can you tell by the look on my face?  Probably not, so I'll tell you, frankly, this cookie did not please my palette.  I don't like overly sugary cookies.  Luckily, this cookie did not taste overly sugary.  It also did not taste oatmeal-ly. Or cookie-y.  I like to taste the oatmeal, some brown sugar, a little saltiness, but this tasted like wax paper.  After an hour bike ride to get it, I was disappointed.  Luckily, I'd toted a banana in my bike shirt pocket and had that delicious treat to gratify my hunger.


A bright surprise from the cafe...the ice tea came with a pink straw!  My nieces would love this!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment