Sunday, May 29, 2011

Learning Some Language Skills (...53)

I'm spending my morning learning some very basic PHP (scripting language for web development) and Codeigniter (web application framework) in order to create a few web pages for the biz venture.  My approach is to watch the tutorials, several times, mimic the code, then make some modifications to it to see how it works.  With only basic html knowledge, I understand only half of what the tutorials discuss.  Patience and faking confidence is key to being successful at this project.  Right now nothing is working when I load my practice pages.  It's not surprising, but it's frustrating.  My goal today is to get one page to display in my browser the way it's supposed to.  Here's a sample of this morning's efforts:

No comments:

Post a Comment