Thursday, May 19, 2011

Outta Here and Headin' to the Highway! (...64, 63, 62, 61)

I'm off to NH for a tough and fun weekend of biking and running among the hills of Waterville Valley.  So excited to see friends and some gorgeous scenery!  The forecast is less than ideal but looks to be improving.  It's likely be wet riding, but as long as it's not below 60, we should still be able to feel our fingers and toes on the bike.


Among our many bike ride thrills in the White Mountains, is climbing "The Kank."  The Kancamagus Highway runs through the mountains and has an elevation gain that scares the pants off of me.  I love the challenging climb up, but the descent terrifies me.  I get quietly concerned while most of my fellow riders screech in their excitement.  I've ridden down in sun, wind, and rain but every single time requires a lot of self pep-talking.  You'd think as a biker I'd enjoy the speed, but it's endurance riding that grabs me, not the excitement of speed.




These pictures are from Wikipedia.  When I return on Monday, I'll have some photos of my own to post...though maybe all with a splash of rain on the lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment